Public Service Loan Forgiveness Assistance
Create More Cash Flow & Qualify for Student Loan Forgiveness
ION helps not-for-profit employees qualify for the U.S. Dept. of Education’s (ED) Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. PSLF may discharge federal student loan balances after 10 years of qualified payments.
This is a different forgiveness program than the Biden Administration’s proposed one-time forgiveness of up to $20,000. Borrowers who qualify for PSLF can have their full remaining balance forgiven.
Over 5 million student loan borrowers have successfully navigated their repayment and avoided delinquency/default with ION. ION users can now receive assistance to enter the PSLF program with our new tool.
What is PSLF?
PSLF stands for the “Public Service Loan Forgiveness” program. This is a federal program that encourages college students to seek careers in charitable or public service sectors such as government, first responders, healthcare, teaching, the military, and religious work.
How do employees qualify for PSLF?
- Only Federal Direct Loans are eligible for PSLF
- All government organizations
- 501(c)(3) non-profits
- Not-for-profit organizations that provide public services in healthcare, education, emergency management, and law enforcement
- AmeriCorps, Peace Corps
- 10 years of on-time payments
- On or after Oct 1, 2007
- Must be working min. of 30 hours/week at a qualifying employer
- Must be enrolled in an income-driven repayment plan
How does ION PSLF Assistance work?
ION PSLF Assistance Makes It Easy to Apply and Certify
We take care of everything for employees who use the ION PSLF Assistance program.
ION PSLF Assistance…
- enrolls borrowers into an income-driven repayment plan
- electronically completes, certifies, and files the PSLF application
- monitors the application process to ensure successful enrollment
- tracks payments to maintain eligibility
- helps borrowers resubmit if they’ve been previously rejected
Ensure Applications are Accepted
Many PSLF applicants are denied forgiveness through PSLF for a variety of reasons, including incorrectly completing the application or missing requirements. According to ED’s data, nearly 30 percent of borrowers had their PSLF applications denied. With ION PSLF Assistance, employees have the best chance to receive approval.
Keep Up with Rule Changes
There have been several recent updates to the PSLF program including new regulations and requirements for 2023. There was also a one-time adjustment for PSLF applicants in income-driven plans. It isn’t realistic for the average student loan borrower to keep track of all updates to PSLF.
Receive Continuous Support
ION tracks payments, ensures payments are timely, and helps employees file for PSLF recertification annually.
Additionally, employees can connect to a live expert student loan counselor for one-on-one support.
How does ION benefit your employees and HR team?
First, your HR team will save tons of time by certifying eligibility using e-Sign. Each year, ION will do the same for annual re-certification for your employees.
Your employees will…
- Lower their monthly payments with an IDR plan
- Avoid costly errors and processing delays
- Avoid long wait times with Federal loan servicers
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with the latest program requirements
How much does the ION PSLF assistance cost?
This program is available as an add-on service for current ION clients. Your employees can pay an annual subscription or you can sponsor the assistance.
Schedule a Demo today!
See how ION PSLF Assistance can help your employees.