Getting out of Delinquency or Default can be confusing and frustrating!

The following are the steps you should take to get out of delinquency or default on your own.


  1. Check NSLDS or your IonTuition Account
  2. If you are more than 271 days delinquent, you are in default & your loan has been forwarded to a debt collection agency.
  3. If under 270 days delinquent, find or call your Federal Servicer. Or call IonTuition through your employer provided account.


  1. Call 1-800- 621- 3115 to find out which debt collection agency is servicing your loan.
  2. Contact the debt collection agency.
  3. Enter a repayment plan such as loan rehabilitation, a popular plan for defaulters.
  4. Work with the debt collection agency and remove your default.

All Federal student borrowers can receive services at no cost from Servicers & Private debt collection agencies.

Working with the Debt Collection Agency or Loan Servicer can be stressful.

Let IonCure work for you!

New to IonTuition?

Already Registered?

Your Dedicated IonCure Concierge Advisor will help you.


A dedicated Concierge Advisor will list all available options to you. 


You choose your best repayment option based on federally approved plan options.


Our Concierge Advisor will help with the Debt Collection Agency or Federal Servicer, including all the paperwork.

New to IonTuition?

Already Registered?

For a single payment of $150 our concierge support will get you out of delinquency or default.

Create an account and upload your loans to IonTuition.

Your Concierge Advisor will explain all of your repayment options and help select the best fit for your unique situation.

Your Concierge Advisor will help you prepare all of the required documents and navigate your experience with the loan servicer or debt collection agency.

Avoid defaulting again by setting up loan monitoring alerts, using repayment management tools, accessing the financial literacy library, and continuing to get support from our Concierge Advisors.

New to IonTuition?

Already Registered?